Detailed Information About BPSC Exam
About Bihar Public Service Commission
BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) is a body which is made by the Constitution of India to select candidates for State Services and all the other administrative services of the Government of Bihar in Bihar, as per the merits of the candidates and the rules of reservation. That selection of candidates based on their merits and the rules of reservation. The headquarter of BPSC is in Patna, Bihar.
History of Bihar Public Service Commission
The historical backdrop of Constitution of India uncovers that the concept of conducting competitive examination for appointment to specific posts came into consideration way back in the year 1853 and an advisory group (committee) for giving shape to that was constituted under the chairmanship of Lord Macaulay in the year 1854. BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) appeared on first April 1949 after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, as per sub-section of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935, as adapted.Its constitutional status was articulated with the promulgation of Constitution of India on 26th January 1950. BPSC is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) recruitment methods
Recruitment method of BPSC is two types
- Direct Recruitment
- Direct Recruitment: Direct recruitment is made mainly by way of conducting competitive examination on prescribed recruitment procedure
- Promotion: Promotion is approved to civil employs through the Departmental underwriting Committee contains for the same and in concurrence with the rules framed by the State Government.
BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) conducts recruitments in various departments with different administrative services under Group B and Grade C respectively through the common written exam held in the state every year. Selection Process is based on three successive stages.
BPSC Exam Pattern
BPSC Exam Pattern is divided into three successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
BPSC Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination will be based on three Compulsory subjects (English, General Knowledge, and Mathematics).
- Prelims exam will be qualifying in nature.
- All questions are Objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Total no. of questions is 150.
- Total marks for the paper will be 150.
- The time duration of the examination will be 2 hours (i.e. 120 minutes).
- There will be no negative (-ve) marking.
- The question paper will be in Hindi and English.
BPSC Main Examination
- BPSC Main examination contains the 4 papers with subjective type questions.
- The time duration for each paper will be of 3 hours.
- Total marks assigned to Written Examination is 900.
- The applicants will have to obtain at least 30 marks in Hindi paper which will be qualifying in nature.
|General Studies Paper – 1||300||3 hours|
|General Studies Paper – I1||300||3 hours|
|Optional Paper||300||3 hours|
All those candidates who qualify the Preliminary examination and the Written Examination (Main) they will be called for the Interview. Member of Interview selection panel of BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission) will test the skills and personality of the candidate. Final selection of participants is done on basis of their marks in these three examinations. Candidates who are able to get the minimum qualifying marks in both mains examination and interview are selected for their desired posts.
BPSC will declare Merit List on total 1020 marks
- General Studies (paper I & II) – 600 Marks
- One Optional Paper – 300 Marks
- Hindi Examination – 100 Marks (Only for qualify)
- Interview Marks – 120 Marks
Education Qualification for BPSC Examination
candidate must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.
Age Limit for BPSC Examination
candidate age limit should be in between 19-40 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Study material for BPSC prelims
Study material for BPSC mains
BPSC latest notification