Indian History General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions and Answers | Test-3
1. The Bagh temple built during the Gupta era is noted for its
A. Brick construction
B. Rock-cut architecture
C. Stone sculpturing
D. Wall paintings
2. The Vakataka King who bore the tide of Samrat
B. Pravarasena I
D. Pravarasena II
3. The earliest surviving Sanskrit poetry of the classical type is that of
4. Consider the following statements:
A. The ur in Pallavan times denoted a Brahmani-cal village assembly.
B. Nadu was the basic political unit in Chola times.
C. Devadanas were landgrants given directly to Brahmans by the Pallava kings.
D. The sabha system of Pallavan times later developed into the variam system of governance.
Which of these statements are not correct
a) A, B, and C
b) B, C, and D
c) A and C
d) B and D
5. Pulkesin defeated Harsha on the banks of the river
6. Who amongst these Hindu kings is known as the Indian Napoleon
7. Consider the following statements on the Yadava period:
A. The Mahanubhava sect was founded in 1273 by Dattatreya.
B. Sunkhadhikari was the chief officer in charge of taxes.
C. The most influential trade organization was the Virabalanja, with its headquarters at Aihole.
D. Mahabhandari was the officer in charge of the royal treasury.
Which of these statements are correct
a) A, B, and C
b) A, C and D
c) B, C, and D
d) A, B and D
8. Pallava rule was put to an end by
A. Rajendra I
B. Aditya Chola I
C. Rajaraja Chola I
D. Karikala Chola
9. The Chalukya queen who built the Jaina temple at Vijayawada was
10. The heartland of the Pandya kingdom was
A. The kaveri delta
B. The Vaigai basin
D. The Coromandel coast
1. B. Rock-Cut architecture
2. B. Pravarasena I
3. A. Asvaghosha
4. C. A and C
5. A. Mahanadi
6. D. Samudragupta
7. C. B, C, and D
8. B. Aditya Chola I
9. B. Ayyana-mahadevi
10. B. The Vaigai basin