SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Syllabus
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam Pattern 2017
Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC CGL exam. Candidates need to have all requisite information associated with SSC CGL exam pattern and SSC CGL New Syllabus. You all are advised to go through the SSC CGL 2017 new exam pattern and make your preparation strategies accordingly Exam pattern of SSC So that you can score well in the SSC CGL Examination.
SSC CGL New Exam Pattern 2017
Candidates who are going to appear for SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination must know the new exam pattern of SSC, marking scheme and syllabus to perform well in the exam. Make your preparation Planning according to Exam pattern of SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam, So that you can score well in the SSC CGL Examination.
A new pattern of SSC CGL Exam includes four tiers – Tier 1 (Preliminary Exam), Tier 2 (Mains Exam), Tier 3 (Descriptive Type Exam), and Tier 4 (DEST/CPT). Recently Tier 3 and Tier 4 have been added.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Examination qualified candidates will be able to appear for SSC CGL Tier-2 Examination and those candidates who will pass the SSC Tier-2 Examination will be eligible for SSC CGL Tier-3 Examination.
Exam pattern of SSC CGL 2017
- SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam: Objective Type Written Examination 200 Marks
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam: Objective Type Written Examination (each paper carry 200 marks)
- SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam: Descriptive Type Written Examination (100 Marks)
- SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam: Computer Test / Skill Test (wherever applicable)
Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Examination Tier 1
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|2||General Awareness||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|4||English Comprehension||25 Questions||50 Marks|
|Total||100 Questions||200 Marks|
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2017
- Tier I Exam is the Objective type with multiple choices.
- SSC Exam Tire 1 Exam will be conducted online.
- SSC Question paper will be divided into four sections.
- There are 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Each Section of paper carries 50 Marks.
- Tier 1 Exam Time duration will be 60 minutes.
- Exam Duration for Visual Handicap Candidates is 100 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2017
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Exam Duration||Exam Duration for
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100 Questions||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Min|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200 Questions||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Min|
|3||Statistics||100 Questions||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Min|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100 Questions||200 Marks||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Min|
Exam Pattern of SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam 2017
- Tier 2 Exam is the Objective type with multiple choices.
- SSC Tire 2 Exam will be conducted online.
- There are 4 papers in SSC Tier 2 Examination.
- Applicants can choose their Medium as Hindi or English.
- In CGL Tier 2 each paper carries 200 marks.
- Tier II Exam duration is 2 hours for each paper.
- Paper- 1 & 2 are compulsory for all the categories of posts of SSC CGL Examination 2017.
- Paper- 3 is only for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler.
- CGL Tier II Paper- 4 is only for those applicants who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- Candidates have to qualify Tier 2 exam to move on to Tier 3.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer in this Tier.
- Tier II Exam negative marking of 0.50 marks in Paper-1, Paper-3 & Paper-4 and negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern 2017
- Tier 3 exam is a descriptive type and will be conducted offline Pen and Paper mode.
- SSC Tier III Exam is basically designed to check the applicant’s writing skills, which is a must for Government Jobs.
- Total weight of this exam is 100 marks and time duration is 1 hour (60 minutes).
- The time duration for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy is 1 hour and 20 minutes (80 Minutes).
- This paper would comprise writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Application / Letter Writing of approximately 150 words.
- Minimum Qualifying marks in SSC CGL Tier III is 33%.
- CGL Tier 3 exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- Part of Paper in this exam in English and Part in Hindi, will not be evaluated.
- The questions in Tier 3 would be of 10+2 standard.