About The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is founded, under an Act of Indian Parliament i.e. the Company Secretaries Act, 1980 (Act No. 56 of 1980). The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is a statutory professional body in India. It is headquartered in New Delhi and has 4 regional offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai, and has 69 chapters around the country.More Click
About Company Secretary Course
Company Secretary Course is one of the most reputed professional course in India. This course and profession in India are regulated by The Institute of Company Secretary of India (ICSI), New Delhi.
Company Secretary Course is divided into following stages. You have to pass every stage to step on next stage.
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
How to Enter into Company Secretary Course
- Through Foundation Programme
- Through Direct Entry
Through Foundation Programme
- Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination of a Board/University constituted by law in India or any other equivalent examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto are eligible.
Through Direct Entry
- All graduates and post-graduates (excluding fine arts stream students).and
- Those having passed in the Foundation examination of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or the CPT (Common Proficiency Test) which is led by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or of same other accountancy institution in India or abroad recognised as equivalent thereto by the Council of the Institute are exempted from passing the Foundation Programme.
- Such students may directly seek registration to Executive Programme stage of Company Secretary Course / CS Course.
Click here and go to: