All Subjects Coaching Classes
For Class X to XII
Sign Up to Score High Better Faster
Economics Optional Books for UPSC IAS Mains Exam
Economics Book for UPSC | IAS Economics Optional Books | Economics for UPSC
When it comes to studying for an optional subject like economics in UPSC civil services exam, the most important thing is to give you plenty of time to cover the entire syllabus. You generally need to revise best economics books for IAS exam 2020 many months before the examination date.
1) Dictionary of Economics by Graham Bannock and T.E. Baxter: Click here
2) Growth and Development by M L Jhingan: Click here
3) Indian Economy by Mishra and Puri: Click here
4) ndian Economy by R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram: Click here
5) Economics by Paul A. Samuelson: Click here
6) International Economics by Bo Soderston: Click here
7) Macro Economic Analysis by Edward Shapiro: Click here
8) International Economics by Salvatore: Click here
9) International Economics by H.G. Mannur: Click here
10) National Income Accounting by Neethu: Click here
11) Outline of Monetary Economics by A.C.I. Day: Click here
12) Modern Banking by R.S. Sayers: Click here
13) Advanced Economic Theory (Old Edition): Click herev
14) Microeconomics, Global Edition: Click here
15) Modern Microeconomics (Intl): Click here
16) Intermediate Microeconomics : A Modern Approach: Click here
17) Modern Macroeconomics: its Origins, Development and Current State: Click here
18) Macroeconomics: Click here
19) Macroeconomics: Theory and Policy: Click here
20) International Economics: Trade and Finance, 11ed, ISV (WSE): Click here
21) International Economics: Theory and Policy (Pearson Series in Economics): Click here
22) Introduction to Economic Growth: Click here
23) Economics of Development 9e Ind ed: Click here
24) Public Finance in Theory and Practice: Click here
25) economics of environment by subhashini muthukrishnan: Click here
You will need to allow more time to go through the entire syllabus that covers the entire course. Once you know the exam date and have an idea of topics, make a study timetable and take the help of best economics books for UPSC exams for making the preparation process easier.
When you plan to study the entire syllabus just before the exam, it all gets jumbled together and you usually end up more confused than when you started. Preparing for the IAS 2020 exam without referring best economics optional books for UPSC is the worst way, don’t do it. Knowing the best books for UPSC optional is vital when planning your study.
All the topics that you need to study for attempting the paper will feature in the books which we have mentioned in this post. Reading the economics optional book for ias isn’t the best way to prepare for Civil services exam, you should also try to solve previous year question papers.
Focusing on books written by top authors helps to save time and increases the chances of cracking the exam. Here is a collection of some collection of best economics books for UPSC optional.
|An Introduction to Economics
|A.W. Stonier and D.C. Hauge
|With this book, the author tried to help the students with little or no previous knowledge of economic theory who intend to study the subject systematically and provides a general introduction to the theory
|It deals with the banking system in India, their rules and regulations.
|Dictionary of Economics
|Graham Bannock; T.E. Baxter, Ray Rees
|You will understand all economics-related terms after carefully going through this book.
|Economic Growth and Development
|Mayer and Baldwin
|It is a leading textbook in economics which provides students with a complete and balanced introduction to the requisite theory, driving policy issues, and latest research
|Growth and Development
|M L Jhingan
|It is highly preferred book my many professors to teach subject to their students. Consider this if you are preparing for IAS 2018 exam.
|Mishra and Puri
|Read this book if you are new to the world of economics
|R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
|It presents a comprehensive survey of the Indian Economy in terms of GDP growth and developments in various sectors
|Paul A. Samuelson
|It is to get an overview of the most important issues and concepts in economics.
|The book provides details idea about Indian Economy. Civil service aspirants need t have a look at it because the book covers every section of the Indian economy in detail.
|The new edition deals with International Economics and contains a comprehensive treatment of the theoretical and practical aspects of the subject applied in economics.
|Go through this book to enhance your skills in economics.
|Macro Economic Analysis
|It is the book for enhancing economics background with full detail of its fundamental
|H.G. Mannur or Salvatore
|The latest edition deals with long International economics. It is very useful for UPSC aspirants.
|Monetary Theory and Public Policy
|Monetary Theory and Public Policy is as relevant for an understanding of current economic problems
|National Income Accounting
|This edition mainly deals with macroeconomic issues and the macroeconomic variables.
|Outline of Monetary Economics
|The latest edition covers the most comprehensive overview of monetary economics and monetary policy.
|You will come across modern banking principles and recent developments in the industry.