All Subjects Coaching Classes For X 𝐭𝐨 XII & SSC And Banking, B.A
Sign Up to Score High Better Faster
Anthropology Optional Book List for Civil Services
Other than main subjects you have to select one optional if you are preparing for IAS exam. Anthropology is an optional subject, here we are discussing the UPSC anthropology books for different topics with the author name.
The syllabus got drastically changed, although we have added the list according to an updated syllabus, The anthropology is divided into two paper, you should keep yourself updated. Anthropology is best and safest optional subject to choose, if you are biology student then it’s great to choose anthropology.
Here is the paper-wise list of best books for anthropology optional.
1) human biology by Harrison et.al: Click here
2) An outline of Indian prehistory by Bhattacharya: Click here
3) Indian Contract Act Specific Relief Act by Pollock and mulla: Click here
4) Other cultures by Beattie: Click here
5) An introduction to anthropology by Haviland: Click here
6) Physical anthropology and human genetics by Shukla & Rastogi: Click here
7) An introduction to physical anthropology by Stein & Rowe: Click here
8) An outline of Indian Prehistory by Bhattacharya: Click here`
9) Social change in modern India by srinivas: Click here
10) Modernization of Indian tradition by Y. singh: Click here
|Book name||Author name|
|Part- 1||Other cultures– Click||Beattie|
These books are informative and coherent in their approach and cover almost every topic of UPSC civil services
Examination. You can refer these books to score good marks in IAS exam 2018 anthropology optional subject.
|An introduction to anthropology– Click||Beals and Hoijer|
|An introduction to anthropology– Click||Haviland|
|Economy and social relations||Vaid|
|An introduction to social cultural anthropology||U S Mishra|
|Part – 2||Human biology– Click||Harisson et. al|
These books covers topics like human genetics, origin of man and physical anthropology. These books are good to prepare for anthropology optional for UPSC examination.
|Physical anthropology and human genetics– Click||Shukla &Rastogi|
|An introduction to physical anthropology– Click||Stein & Rowe|
|Origins of man||B. Janusch|
|Indian society, social change||NCERT book|
Start reading these books as you finish preliminary and prepare the notes, no need to search for new content. These books are good, you can cover almost each topic according to the syllabus of UPSC civil services exam.
|An outline of Indian prehistory– Click||Bhattacharya|
|Caste in India and other essays||Srinivas|
|Social change in modern India– Click||srinivas|
|Modernization of Indian tradition– Click||Y. singh|