25 Mar How to Prepare for B.A. (History)
History deals with the study of past events and occurrences that helped in shaping up a civilization. There are various B.A. (History) colleges in Delhi that offers an undergraduate program in History. If you are one of the students of B.A. (History) distance education and want to know some of the preparation tips for the subject then you can go through the below-listed points:
Make flashcards of important terms: Studying history involves memorizing lots of dates, events, names and some other facts. Make a list of all these, after that create flashcards with a word on one side and its definition or explanation on the other side. You can also create flashcards digitally by using apps like ‘Quizlet’.
Speak loudly while you read and write notes: When you see, speak, hear and touch at the same time, it helps your brain in making stronger connections and memorize information more easily. Try to read out your textbooks loudly while you are studying, and say whatever you’re writing as you create your flashcards.
Go through the course syllabus: Your course syllabus is a sheet of paper that lists each and every topic that requires reading. Look over all the units, titles, and other information listed in the syllabus to find clues about how the course’s larger themes fit together.
Create charts to make connections: Studying history with charts, drawings, and maps are sometimes the best ways to visualize how the information fits together. In addition, with great study tools, making visual aids like timelines, family trees, and flow charts will help give you like a bird’s eye view of the material.
Try to anticipate test questions: Try to come up with potential test questions. Practice writing essays and, to prepare for multiple choice questions, have someone make a quiz for you out of your flashcards. Join study groups as they are great for coming up with potential test questions since everyone can make a question and quiz each other.
How is B.A. History Course Beneficial?
- The B.A. (History) course train students in order to think analytically, read intelligently, write clearly, accurately assess the past trends and rationally predict the future developments and thus understanding the real world.
- It enables the students to develop a deep understanding of the evolution of human civilizations from pre-historic times.
- This course also helps the students in familiarizing with the socio-economic and cultural heritage of India and the world.
For whom the B.A. History Course is suitable?
- Students with critical analytical and reasoning skills, problem-solving and creative thinking abilities, can perform efficiently in this course.
- Secondly, who has the ability to conduct research using different types of tools, like information and communications technology, and other sources can also go for it.
- Thirdly, the ability to select relevant pieces of evidence and arrange them in a structured and persuasive manner, both orally and in writing is suitable for it.
Which are the employment areas after studying B.A. (History)?
- You can have various choices for employment areas after studying B.A. (History). This course prepares students for careers in history, law, and other disciplines that require knowledge of how the past affects the present and the future. Some of the job areas are UPSC jobs, Archaeology & Archives, Historical Parks, Journalism, Research Centres, Museums, Radio Channels, Preservation Departments, Survey Offices.
What is the difference between BA and BA (Hons.) degree?
- The difference between BA and BA(Hons) is that a BA student doesn’t specialize in any particular subject of his/her choice. BA student would require to study around 5 subjects considered to be a part of Humanities or Arts education like Pol Science, History, Geography, Environmental Science etc, whereas if a student who pursue BA(Hons.) then he/she would specialize in only one arts subject like English or History.
How do I become a Historical Researcher?
- If you want to become a Historical Researcher then you must possess all these features:
- One must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in order to enter a graduate degree program in History.
- The majority of positions for fields such as historical preservation, archival management, public history, or museum studies require a master’s degree.
- After finishing post-graduation, potential historians may be able to find work through the university they attended.
MgiEdu is one of the well-known coaching institutes that provides the best coaching for B.A. (History) in Delhi. We complete the whole B.A. (History) syllabus well on time. Our expertise faculty develops your understanding of the production, circulation, and interpretation of visual culture in specific historical contexts. We choose unique and innovative pathways of learning that reflect your own interests.